UN’s Falk gives voice to 9/11 conspiracy theory;
host's website blames “Zio-Nazis”
"UN Chief Ban Ki-moon and Human Rights
Commissioner Navi Pillay must speak out"
Controversial UN human rights official Richard Falk has once again given voice to the 9/11 conspiracy theory, in an interview with “Truth Jihad Radio”, sparking calls for the world body’s highest officials to rebuke his “inflammatory” and “offensive” comments.
Radio host Kevin Barrett, who also questions the Holocaust, said that 9/11 was “a false flag attack designed to launch a war on Islam,” and asked Falk if, “given the fact that four out of five Muslims say it was an inside job, we can approach this from a human rights perspective, saying that it’s Islamophobic to accept the official story without questioning it. ” Falk answered: “Yes, you can certainly argue that.”
UN Watch executive director Hillel Neuer called on UN chief Ban Ki-moon, UN Human Rights Council president Remigiusz Henczel, and High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay to reprimand Falk.
Ban condemned Falk in 2011 for similar remarks, and in April for his remarks on the Boston Marathon bombings. However, the UNHRC president and Ms. Pillay have so far refused to criticize Falk, and both the council and Pillay’s office continue to support his activities.
- Falk told Truth Jihad Radio, where he has appeared several times before despite objections, that many who question “the official version of 9/11″ are being “intimidated,” making them “reluctant” to “raise these suspicions about how to understand that transformative event that has been used to project American power around the world and to engage in these very destructive and dysfunctional wars.”
- Falk once again praised as “essential” the work of David Ray Griffin, the leading author of 9/11 conspiracy books alleging a Washington “inside job.”
- Host Kevin Barrett — who asked “whether the Boston bombings might not be another false flag attack,” saying “there are all sorts of unanswered questions about Boston, just as there are about 9/11″ — hailed Falk as “one of the most important people that we could ever possibly listen to,” “one of my favorite periodic radio guests,” and “one of the most effective people fighting the good fight today.”
- After Truth Jihad’s Barrett said that “about 80 percent of the world’s Muslims—and I’m one of them—view 9/11 as a false flag attack designed to launch a war on Islam,” and “that perspective is being systematically suppressed,” and asked “How can you change the situation so that the more than 1 billion Muslims in the world who are convinced that 9/11 was a false flag attack will actually be listened to?” Falk praised this “patient effort to tell the truth.”
- Falk has now admitted that his call to “investigate” UN Watch was designed as retaliation for the NGO’s submission of a Draft Resolution calling for Falk to be removed. Falk told Truth Jihad Radio that:
“There is a meeting in Geneva, in 10 days or so, where this “UN Watch,” this Zionist organization, is trying to introduce a resolution to have me dismissed from my UN position. And if the U.S. government or Canada agrees to sponsor such a resolution then I’d have to confront that directly in the course of the meeting. My own initiative is to question the credentials of this supposed NGO, that does no substantive work, and spends all its time mounting smear tactic, smear campaigns directed at people like myself.”
- In 2010, the Palestinian Authority itself tried to dismiss Falk, complaining of his support for Hamas.