Richard Falk Wants "Investigation" to Shut Down UN Watch
Richard Falk is the U.N.’s permanent investigator against Israel. He endorses 9/11 conspiracy theories, supports Hamas, and exonerates Al Qaeda. Days after the Boston Marathon terrorist attack, he blamed it on America and Israel, calling it an act of "resistance."
Because UN Watch successfully exposed his abuses, got him roundly condemned by world leaders (click here to see new video), and circulated a draft resolution to fire him, Falk is now calling for a Human Rights Council investigation of UN Watch's credentials—to effectively shut down the organization. It's unclear who would head such an inquiry.
In an unprecedented act, Falk’s new report to the Human Rights Council devotes a scathing rant against a non-governmental organization.
Falk lashes out at UN Watch, saying we’ve made his life a living hell -- that we've completely disrupted his declared plan for a “Legitimacy War against Israel."
In his own words, Falk testifies to UN Watch’s incredible impact:
• Falk objects that UN Watch “demeaned” and “defamed” his character, damaged his “credibility,” and destroyed the “effectiveness” of his mandate.
• Falk expresses outrage that UN Watch got world leaders—and even his own boss, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon—to denounce him.
• Falk complains that UN Watch “smears” have been “sent to diplomats and United Nations officials, including the Secretary-General, who apparently accepted the allegations at face value, issuing public criticism with no effort to seek my views.”
• Falk laments that UN Watch won’t give him a moment’s rest, and that our “smear campaign” is carried out “in numerous settings,” from the UN to “university venues where the Special Rapporteur gives lectures.”
• Falk's report concludes that UN Watch has managed to “divert attention” from his “message” and to “shift public interest away” from his campaign of boycott, divestment and sanctions against Israel.
As a result, Falk has been lobbying furiously this week to get the dictator-dominated Human Rights Council to “investigate” UN Watch, falsely accusing us of being an Israeli-controlled puppet.
In Falk's logic, if a group opposes Israel's right to defend itself against Hamas rockets, it's a legitimate NGO; if a group opposes the obsession of anti-Israel prejudice at the UN -- as founders Eleanor Roosevelt and Rene Cassin did -- it's a sham and shill for the Zionist Entity, and not a real NGO.
But UN Watch has already begun to fight back, and important voices are speaking out.
- On Friday, ADL Executive Director Abe Foxman and Heritage Foundation’s Brett Schaefer rallied to defend UN Watch, as did U.S. Ambassador Eileen Chamberlain Donahoe, who declared that“the United States completely rejects and condemns the irresponsible call to investigate a legitimate and UN-accredited NGO.”
- An extraordinary scene took place yesterday when the Canadian Parliament rose for a standing ovation in support of UN Watch, as Jason Kenny, Canada's Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, announced his country's support for the NGO against Richard Falk's attack.